Are you looking for a better way to track applications and handle the hiring process? Knowing which technologies can make the job easier is often essential for success.
With an automated system, such as an Applicant Tracking System (ATS), organisations can simplify the recruitment process, increasing efficiency. We’ll examine how an ATS can save time and improve your bottom line.
What is an ATS?
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a software program used by recruiters and employers to automate the recruitment process. An ATS allows organisations to track job openings with ease whilst collecting applications from job seekers.
It also helps track applicants throughout the recruitment process, including screening them, interviewing them, and making hiring decisions.
By automating this tedious task, an ATS can help organisations save time and money. This can be beneficial for small businesses, which often don’t have the budget to manage recruitment.
What is the role of ATS in recruitment?
Whether you’re starting up or an established firm, recruiting staff is critical to your organisation’s development. An ATS can streamline your selection process so that you can quickly identify and hire talented individuals suitable for open positions.
It eliminates redundant tasks, such as manually entering data, leaving recruiters time to focus on other aspects of the hiring process. The system can also track applicants throughout the recruitment cycle. This way, employers have access to up-to-date information about each potential candidate.
Benefits of using ATS
Using an ATS can bring plenty of advantages to organisations, including:
- Streamlined recruiting process – An ATS helps simplify and speed up the recruitment process. It can quickly sort through job applications and pinpoint those who are most suitable for the job.
- Improved efficiency – By automating time-consuming tasks, organisations can save time and focus their energies on finding qualified candidates.
- Wider applicant pool – An ATS also makes it easy for organisations to access a wide pool of applicants. This means they can easily identify talented individuals who might not have previously been considered for the position. As a result, they can compare candidates more easily. This also helps reduce bias in the selection process.
- Improved compliance – An ATS helps to ensure that employers are compliant with legal requirements related to the recruitment process.
- Improved Hiring Metrics and Analytics – An ATS provides employers with detailed analytics and insights into the recruitment process. This identifies potential problems affecting your process.
- Candidate experience – An ATS can help by setting up automated messages at touchpoints to keep candidates engaged and informed.
How do I create an ATS?
Creating an ATS is a straightforward process for organisations. The first step is to select the right platform for your needs. For example, some ATS platforms are designed specifically for small businesses. While others are suitable for large organisations with complex recruitment processes.
Once you have chosen a platform, you will need to add your job openings and create a custom recruitment workflow.
Finally, you will need to configure your ATS platform with the necessary data and settings. This includes adding company information, job descriptions, automated emails for applicant notifications for a seamless experience.
Outsource your recruitment
Outsourcing recruitment is a great option for organisations that do not have the resources or personnel to manage their own recruitment.
At The Outsourced Recruitment Company, we provide a comprehensive recruitment service, which includes the use of our ATS platform. We manage the entire recruitment process on your behalf, attracting and sourcing the best candidates for each job opening.
Not only does this give you time to focus on running your business, but it also provides an enhanced candidate experience.